1. Initial Meeting
In the initial meeting, two consultants, one with an African background and the other with a European background, take about three hours in order to get to know you and your company. On the basis of comprehensive preparation we get a personal impression about your concern, and will discuss with you the next steps, delineating first approaches.
This discussion shall allow you to analyze your project together with us in order to decide if and how you will pursue the project. If you want to continue developing your project, we will outline a specific concept for future collaboration. This service amounts to €950 plus tax.
2. Development of a specific business project
Our core strength is the practical development of business ideas and entrepreneurial concepts, customized for African markets. If you want to get involved in a specific sphere of business or area in Africa, we bring in our local expertise, together with our partners on the ground. We will work collectively on your ideas and enable you to develop a comprehensive business plan. Or we can do the business plan for you.
Goals of the consultancy
- Revue of an initial idea regarding practicability
- Collaboration of market analysis or feasibility study, if applicable
- Further development of the business concept to a viable business model in Africa
- Elaboration of a realizable business plan,if applicable
- Provision of critical understanding of conditions in the target market
- Open discussion of your business idea
- Research of information that is relevant for your business case: local conditions, site-related factors, regulatory decrees, etc.
- Joint development of solutions that can be implemented fast
Time and cost
- This consulting usually takes two days. However, we are flexible to meet your specific need.
- If we decide to implement the projects together, we conclude a remuneration scheme that includes fixed fees as well as success based components.
- If we do a market analysis, a feasibility study, or a business plan, we usually work on daily rates or a lump-sum fee.
- Development of new markets for existing products or services of the company
- Evaluation of a specific business project in a specific country, i.e. founding of an affiliate company or a local branch, search for a joint venture partner, identification of wholesalers.
- Conceptual design of a private equity fund: legal framework, selection of projects, investment policy, fund management, investment story.
- Analysis, preparation and structuring of a business idea or an existing SME in Africa, and developing it to an investment project that can attract potential investors.